There are so many ways to prevent a missing pet. Here are some good prevention tips!
1. Be sure to collar, tag, and chip your pet. Even if your pet is never out of your care, it’s always a good idea to make sure they can find a way home if they get lost.
2. This may be something you’ve never thought about but, safe transportation of your pet is important too. Some animals can become lost during traffic accidents and you’ll never see them again. It has also been known for some cats to claw their way out of cages and other things.
3. Keep current photos of your pet on hand and ready just in case they get lost. Be sure to also prepare a lost pet kit to have ready (including flyers).
4. While you’re outside with your pet, be sure to show your neighbors. If your pet gets lost and they find them, they can return them to you.
5. Train your pet to stay inside or to stay in your front yard. You can do this yourself or for more stubborn pets you can hire a dog trainer.
Miss Teen Texas International 2015